TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Get qualified as a trainer / assessor in 6 months
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment delivered by RTO Leadership Institute will set you up for success. Take control of your own destiny. Show others how to do what you do best.
Available now, this course offers you:
- Current and latest version of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Flexible delivery options
- World class support from your trainer
- Study from anywhere
- Complete in seven months but take 12 months if you need.
Are you an expert in your industry looking for your next challenge? If you’ve looked at train the trainer courses but have no time to attend classes because of other commitments and you don’t even know where to begin, then our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment by RTO Leadership is the perfect option for you to take that next step in your career!
Our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is designed so you can access your course from anywhere, online. Attend our live webinars or watch them through our online portal at a time that suits you. This is delivered over 7 months (30 weeks) with up to 12 months to complete it all your final assessments. You also get unrivalled access to your trainer so you have the support available when you need it.
DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND
STUDY AT ANY TIME
You can study at your own pace – login to the live webinars, or watch the recordings in your own time, at your own pace. Monthly intakes.
Our online learning portal contains engaging learning content, learning activities you can complete at any time, and access to your webinars.
WORLD CLASS SUPPORT
Your trainer will provide individual support as you need it, and is accessible via direct message through our online learning management system, or by phone through our online booking system.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to work as a qualified trainer/assessor delivering nationally recognised training and assessment.
Trainers/assessors work in the Australian vocational education and training (VET) sector, often in Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) or TAFEs. The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is also suitable if you want to deliver training and assessment in the workplace – to train and assess staff in workplace tasks and skills.
It’s a legal requirement that trainers and assessors working for RTOs or TAFEs delivering nationally recognised courses, hold this qualification under the Standards for RTOs 2015.
RTO Leadership Institute is a leading provider of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and by enrolling with us, you’ll learn from the best experts in the industry.
- Duration 6-12 months
- Next Intake 8th May 2019
- Delivery Mode Online
- Units 10
- RPL Available Yes
The webinars will be held over 28 weeks, however you will have up to 12 months to complete all of your assessment tasks. You must commit to completing all work and assessments by this time or additional fees will apply.
To enrol in this course you must:
- Be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area prior to enrolment. Vocational competency is defined as a broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification for the industry in which they wish to train and assess. This must be demonstrated upon enrolment by providing an up to date CV, with relevant qualifications and statements of attainment.
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplaces or practice environments that will provide you with the opportunity to practice your training and assessment skills in a real workplace, and complete tasks with real vocational learners.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of reading, writing and learning skills that enable you to interpret complex written information and communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing. A language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment will be completed upon enrolment to ensure you have the required level of LLN skills.
- Have suitable technological skills to be able to participate in regular online training.
- Have access to a video camera or suitable mobile device for recording assessment tasks.
- Have regular access to a reliable computer and internet connection.
- Be 18 years old or over.
Workplace Practice Requirement
You must have a workplace environment in which you can conduct training and assessments throughout the course to real vocational learners (learners who are learning for work purposes). We also recommend that you complete up to 105 hours of placement in an RTO or alongside a current trainer/assessor to learn from their practices and experiences.
You will be required to complete a range of different assessment tasks and projects throughout the course, depending on the requirements of the units. You’ll be provided with details of the assessment requirements at the commencement of each cluster. The majority of the tasks are practical in nature using real vocational learners and basing your training on real workplace training needs. To enrol in this course, you must make sure you have a workplace environment (or several) where you can conduct training and assessment.
Examples of the tasks included in this course:
- Designing training programs to meet an identified workplace need, using training packages or accredited courses.
- Writing session plans and preparing session materials for group training.
- Designing learning programs for individuals in the workplace and delivering one-on-one training.
- Delivering a range of training programs to groups of 8 or more people and videoing the training session as evidence.
- Evaluating your own training processes and participant feedback.
- Planning and designing assessment tools and processes to meet unit/s of competency requirements.
- Conducting assessment for at least five different candidates, including RPL assessment.
- Conducting validation of assessment tools.
- Answering a range of questions to demonstrate required knowledge.
- Identifying language, literacy and numeracy skills of participants involved in training.
- Writing a report on the process of designing or delivering training, conducting assessment or RPL.
Once you’ve completed this course, you may wish to continue your studies in other relevant qualifications including the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development or the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training.
Upon successful completion of all assessment requirements for each unit in this course, you will be issued the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment by RTO Leadership Institute, which is a trading name of Training Partners Australia Pty. Ltd. (RTO ID: 40682). This is the current qualification from the TAE Training and Education Training Package.
FUNDAMENTALS OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
The Fundamentals cluster is an introductory cluster that introduces students to vocational education sector.
ADULT LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY
DESIGN AND CONDUCT ASSESSMENT