The sad truth is that the average learner only retains about 5% of what can be covered in a training session, and even worse it can be very hard to predict what 5% they will actually retain. As a trainer or public speaker this can be quite frustrating as we want to maximise all of our training and the resources we use to ensure that what we say is heard and retained by our audiences. We all know that 100% retention isn’t possible, as the human brain usually hasn’t been trained for it and many students have conflicting things pulling at their attention. However, what if we could raise the retention levels up to 40% or even 60%, or higher, by simply changing our paradigms of thinking, how we present information and how we structure our training sessions.
Key topics include:
- Memory statistics-How long people typically retain information for.
- What learning modalities lead to the great uptake and retention of information?
- The biggest roadblocks to information uptake for your students.
- How to craft powerful introductions to get students hooked.
- What makes information forgettable- i.e creates boredom?
- What makes information unforgettable?
- Strategical ways to teach and speak to embed ideas into the unconscious mind (aka long term memory).
- Strategic review strategies to enhance understanding and uptake throughout a class.
At the end of this webinar you will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- A copy of any and all handouts
- A copy of the presentation slides