Get qualified as a trainer / assessor in 6 months
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment delivered by RTO Leadership Institute will set you up for success. Get qualified as a trainer/assessor in six months or less!
Available now, this course offers you:
- Current and latest version of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Flexible delivery options
- World class support from your trainer
- Study from anywhere
- Complete in 6 months or less!
Are you an expert in your industry looking for your next challenge? If you’ve looked at train the trainer courses but have no time to attend classes because of other commitments and you don’t even know where to begin, then our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment by RTO Leadership is the perfect option for you to take that next step in your career!
Our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is designed so you can access your course from anywhere, online. Attend our live webinars or watch them through our online portal at a time that suits you. This course is delivered weekly, over 6 months and you get up to 12 months to complete it! You also get unrivalled access to your trainer so you have the support available when you need it.
DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND
STUDY AT ANY TIME
You can study at your own pace – login to the live webinars, or watch the recordings in your own time.
at your own pace. Monthly intakes.
Our online learning portal contains engaging learning content, learning activities you can complete at any time, and access to your webinars.
WORLD CLASS SUPPORT
Your trainer will provide individual support as you need it, and is accessible via phone and email.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to work as a qualified trainer/assessor delivering nationally recognised training and assessment.
Trainers/assessors work in the Australian vocational education and training (VET) sector, often in Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) or TAFEs. The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is also suitable if you want to deliver training and assessment in the workplace – to train and assess staff in workplace tasks and skills.
It’s a legal requirement that trainers and assessors working for RTOs or TAFEs delivering nationally recognised courses, hold this qualification under the Standards for RTOs.
RTO Leadership Institute is a leading provider of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and by enrolling with us, you’ll learn from the best experts in the industry.
To enrol in this course, you must:
- Be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area prior to enrolment.
Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification for the industry in which they wish to train and assess. This must be demonstrated upon enrolment by providing an up to date CV, with relevant qualifications and statements of attainment.
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplaces or practice environments that will provide you with the opportunity to practice your training and assessment skills in a real workplace, and complete tasks with real vocational learners.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of reading, writing and learning skills that enable you to read and interpret complex written information and communicate clearly, both verbally, and in writing. A language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment will be completed prior to finalising enrolment to ensure you have the required LLN skills and that we are able to meet your needs.
- Have suitable technological skills to be able to participate in regular online learning.
- Have access to a video camera or suitable mobile device for recording assessment tasks.
- Have regular access to a reliable computer or tablet and internet connection.
- Have access to a range of individuals that can participate in assessment tasks.
Participants under the age of 18 will not be accepted into this course.
Units of Competency Outline
To gain the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you must complete a total of 10 units, consisting of 9 core and 1 elective units.
Units are delivered in clusters to avoid repetition.
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction (Elective)
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
ADDRESSING LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY NEEDS
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
Participants will be advised of the assessment requirements at the commencement of each cluster.
Participants will be required to complete a range of different assessment tasks and projects throughout the course, depending on the requirements of the units.
All tasks are practical using real vocational learners and actual workplace training needs. To enrol in this course, you must make sure you have a workplace.
- Designing training programs to meet an identified workplace need, using training package or accredited course.
- Writing session plans and preparing session materials for group training.
- Designing learning programs for individuals in the workplace and delivering one-on-one training.
- Delivering a range of training programs to groups of 8 or more people.
- Evaluating own training processes and feedback and identifying improvements.
- Planning and designing assessment tools and processes to meet unit/s of competency requirements.
- Conducting assessment of at least five different candidates, including RPL assessment.
- Conducting validation on assessment tools, systems and outcomes.
- Answering a range of questions to demonstrate required knowledge.
- Writing a report on the process of designing or delivering training, conducting assessment or RPL.
Credits and RPL
You can gain credit towards your course for units of competency that have already been completed with another RTO or authorised issuing organisation, such as a university. There is no charge to apply for Credit. To apply, indicate that you wish to apply for Credit in your Enrolment Form and provide certified copies of your transcripts.
If you have extensive experience relevant to this course, gained through work and life experience you can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning for many of the units in this qualification.
The Recognition of Prior Learning pathway is appropriate for those who wish to have their skills and knowledge formally recognised.
We recently approached RTO Leadership Institute with regards to designing and delivering a tailor-made version of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification for around 20 of our staff members. Our requirements were quite specific in terms of the content design and delivery timeframes, and quite a bit of pre-work was required in order... READ MORE
It is rare these days to find a business partner that really listens and encourages you to maintain your identity, whilst at the same time providing an umbrella that allows you to do what you do best. I have found that the staff and management at RTO Leadership Institute set high standards not only with... READ MORE
LEARN FROM THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY
We have qualified TAE trainers with over 30 years industry experience. Our trainers come from adult educator, course designer, workplace trainer and assessor backgrounds.
Our trainers provide interactive activities and engaging sessions in both a face to face or virtual environment.
Qualified TAE Trainers